the past seven days have been tremendous… i can’t believe how many *big* things happened in just the span of a week! again, forgive me for delaying part two of karen + erik’s fabulous wedding! i promise it will be my next post. 😉 i think if i put off unloading all of my recent news any longer, i will get wayyyy too far behind! so although the following items all deserve their own blog post, i thought it would be most efficient to give you a quick run down on what’s been going on. here goes!
- I found out that my father is having another STA-MCA (superficial temporal artery – middle cerebral artery) bypass in just two weeks! He had one side of his head done in September and we all held our breath. It was incredible when he came through beautifully and enjoyed a speedy recovery. I am a bit nervous about the 2nd round, especially coming up so quickly, but am continuing to trust in the Lord for this situation.
- i met an incredible new client in person! it was a total “click” and i am sooo stoked to work with her on her october 2008 wedding. icing on the cake: she also hired nate & jac of the image is found! can’t wait to put together the rest of the dream team for this fabulous san diego wedding. 😉
- I volunteered with my sis-in-law at the Fred Jordan Mission on skid row for their annual Thanksgiving banquet in the streets. It was such a great experience!! The volunteers FAR outnumbered the attendees, so there were lots of people just standing around. She and I didn’t hang around to wait for orders. We took charge and ended up getting to partake in a number of services including bagging care packages of toiletries, slicing and serving hundreds of pies, blowing up balloons and distributing them to the adorable kiddos and serving meals directly to the guests. One really neat thing was that I got into a conversation with this guy while serving pie, and it ends up that his wife is a big name LA wedding planner! What are the odds?? It was a wonderful way to start off my Thanksgiving, and a reminder of the many blessings I take for granted everyday.
- We enjoyed an incredible Thanksgiving dinner and lots of fun family time… Our menu included barbequed turkey, twice baked & stuffed potatoes (yummmm), mashed yams with a touch of pineapple (huge hit of the night), my very typical but beloved green bean casserole, sweet rolls and mom’s famous cornbread stuffing, chock full of granny smith apples and water chesnuts! DELISH.
- I finally got to meet one of my east coast clients in person! We had a fabulous lunch at ThaiTalian in Old Town Pasadena (very delish–I recommend!), followed by Pinkberry. I was thrilled that I found a new fan in her; she loved her first experience. Her order? Original w/ strawberries + cocoa pebbles. You already know what I ordered. 😉 Here’s a little picture I found on Gayot:
it looks a lot like what i ordered: tom kah spaghetti!
- I got a phone call from my mom, who was on vacation in central CA. SHE.GOT.ENGAGED!!! AHH!! So thrilled and a half for her. She is over the moon… I can’t wait to see her today. I have to admit… I have already started to plan the wedding. 😉 It’s gonna be a highlight of 2008, and definitely an over-the-top lavish affair for the books. Yay!! Big high-five to e-Harmony, where she met this incredible man. Who knew??
whew! I am exhausted just recapping! Now that we’re all properly caught up, I can resume regularly scheduled posting. 😉 Look forward to Karen + Erik’s wedding, part two, as well as some fun fab finds later this week!
hope your thanksgiving was blessed. i think admidst all the crazy activity, i was able to really reflect on how truly fortunate i have been this year. here’s an abbreviated list of the people + things for which i am incredibly thankful: my savior: Jesus Christ, my darling husband, my fun & supportive family, my dear friends, my fabulous clients, my too-much-fun job, and the opportunities that continue to show up on my door step. Thank you Lord!!