april showers bring may flowers, right? well we aren’t getting much rain here in sunny soCal (and that’s the way i like it!), but i can tell you that in terms of my “busy-ness,” it is POURING over here at L&S! i’ve been running around trying to stay dry in the downpour… readily armed with my too-cute lulu guinness umbrella, of course! 😉 i am so thankful for my job & my clients, especially in the current economic climate. but i am simultaneously sorry to not have as much time as i’d like to devote to my blog. i thought i’d FINALLY set aside a little time to play catch up here. here are some fun “general” fab finds that have brought me inspiration & joy as of late. they are more like random tidbits than fab finds, but i hope you enjoy! TONS of wedding posts in the queue, so know that your patience will be rewarded shortly!
1) THE one and only tarina tarantino posted a “tweet” linking to my blog!! yessss, you read that correctly. 😉 if you’ve been reading my blog for a while, you will recall that i am a major tarina devotee. well i guess somehow tarina came across the blog post i wrote about her delightful jewelry and she posted a link to it on her twitter account!! here is a screen shot, courtesy of my darling client J, who emailed me to let me know!
the top post is a link to THIS POST!
as you can imagine, i was giddy about the mention. 😉 i plan on marching into tarina tarantino’s flagship boutique later this week and seeing if i can leave a biz card for tarina. i’m pretty sure we’d be best friends forever if we met. seriously.
2) i saw weddingbee’s fabulous miss hot cocoa become a mrs.! yep, it is true. i had my 3rd “bee” bride last month and was soooo overwhelmed with joy and delight as she married her love of 15+ years! amazing. i cannot wait to share all of the utterly fab details with you. for now, here is a photo of mrs. h.c. and i at her posh rehearsal dinner at wolfgang puck’s chinois on main. they did a buyout on a friday night — sweetness!
for the interested fashionistas… my top is nanette lepore and mrs. h.c. is wearing badgley mischka. we are complete fashion twins and initially bonded over a mutual love for anthropologie. love this girl to the moon!!!
3) i cut blunt bangs! if you couldn’t already tell from the photo above… i decided to cut blunt bangs about a month ago. i actually had bangs all my life up until age 16 when i decided to go “crazy” my senior year of HS and grow them out. haha i remember being sooo nervous to grow them out! well i finally returned to my fringed hairstyle and have to say i love it. 😉 my fabulous salon gives free bang trims so i am there every 10 days or so. my hair grows like a weed!! bumble & bumble ‘straight’ is my magic product for smooth, frizz free bangs. here is a recent pic of me, my new bangs, and my kristin (of the treasured petal):
i’m wearing an anthropologie headband, urban outfitters vest (which i will admit, is slightly ridiculous… haha), and betsey johnson dress. kristin teased me that day for “wearing everything in my closet at once,” (you can’t see my leggings & riding boots…) but i know she loves me and my quirky style nonetheless. 😉
4) i scored some fantastic summery shades of nail polish… i absolutely love doing my own nails. it is a huge stress reliever for me, and i enjoy taking my time to make them perfect. 😉 i’d say i do my nails about once a week and i frequently joke around and say that if i wasn’t a wedding planner, i’d make a pretty great manicurist. haha i exclusively use OPI polishes after being positively freaked by the cancer warning re: essie polishes at my local ulta. i mean, seriously?? anyway, i recently picked up some great hues including ‘shootout at the OK coral’ (a perfect shimmery summer-time coral), ‘lincoln park at midnight’ (a shimmery deep purple… kinda scared of dark polish but am hoping to push my comfort zone), and ‘on collins avenue’ (a fun orange/red shade).
on collins avenue…
5) i booked an EXTRA special wedding that i can’t really talk about yet. no guesses, please. 😉 i promise i’ll share when the time is right! of course all of my clients are precious to me, but this one is a bit different.. and you’ll soon see why. thanking God for all the amazing opportunities He brings my way!
hope you all are having a delightful week so far! i have an elegant wedding this Saturday for a darling couple. black, white, platinum and pink! it is going to be insanely beautiful and dripping with details. cannot wait…
enjoy the rest of your week! xoxo, angel