helloooo everyone! can it be? is it really june already?? may was an absolute whirlwind as i had 4 weddings in 5 weeks. considering that i only take on 20-25 weddings a year MAX, that is a pretty intense month! 🙂 whenever i get busy, the blog is the first thing to take a back seat. so, i apologize to all of my loyal readers for leaving you hanging! i assure you i have a TON of eye candy in the queue for you, so stick with me! tonight i wanted to give you all a sneak peek at a fab wedding i did last month at the ultra-hip 7 degrees.
i had the pleasure of working with the stylish marie (fun fact: we went to the same high school!) long distance on this wedding. she knew from the outset that she wanted to have a sleek & modern wedding that oozed individuality. i can’t think of a better location for the modern bride than 7 degrees! the venue is equipped with incredible audio/visual and multimedia capabilities that allow for spectacular lighting and fun tech effects. marie decided on a clean and fresh palette of grass green, turquoise, and eggplant purple. our recurring design elements were peacock feathers, brushed aluminum and apples! one of my favorite décor pieces were these granny smith apples. we left some au naturel, and spray painted (yes… spray painted!!) the rest in shades of rich purple and caribbean blue. i was ecstatic that marie was on board for my “painted apples” idea. i firmly believe that one of the keys to my success has been the trust my clients put in me & my (sometimes wacky) ideas!
without further ado, here is a sneak peek at the set-up! wait til you see the AMAZING pro pics from travis hoehne. the teasers he displayed @ the reception were insannnnne… and marie has to be one of the most stylish brides EVER. you will die over her DIY ruffle bolero!! ahhhh!!!
loving the purple + turquoise lighting!
long banquet tables were draped in crisp white satin linens. a punch of color came in with the turquoise napkins, topped with a menu + single peacock plume. lining the tables were silver troughs of wheatgrass, dotted with white dendrobium orchids, interspersed with mini silver vases with more feathers!
another view of the tables. my beloved apples were placed along the length of the tables as well!
feathery favor box table! 🙂 these kraft boxes were the perfect size for cupcakes…
ta-da!! one of my favorite dessert set-ups EVER. 🙂 carrot & red velvet cupcakes lined the table and were perched atop clear towers of glass! each cylinder was filled with a fun, whimsical design element: peacock feathers, painted apples, orchids, or my favorite…cotton candy!!! deeeevine!
awww! a pic of me & my asSIStant anna 🙂 awkward self-portraits are the best!
hope you enjoyed that little taste of marie’s fab wedding! much, much more to come!
to cap off this post, here are 5 random facts:
- one of my dear clients, n, gave me a fabulous fuschia leather clutch at her wedding last weekend! yes, she actually brought a WRAPPED gift for me to her own wedding! she pulled me aside at the end of the night to give it to me; i was so beyond touched! it is the perfect size for date nights, and i’ve already taken it out for one! she also sent me an anthropologie gift card in the mail, which i received today! xo, n!!! (do my clients spoil me or what??)
- erik and i booked a summertime vacation for next month (july). cannot wait for tropical sunshine & snorkeling!
- i am still loving the bangs, but am contemplating a major hair chop at the end of the summer. to bob, or not to bob??
- anna is coordinating her first wedding without me this weekend! one of our very favorite couples, n&e, is getting married! i am really sad to miss it, but am delighted that anna is getting a chance to flex her skills and rock their wedding! although anna and i really love working together (and coordinating our outfits…lol), this may open up some doors for taking on more events individually down the line… 🙂 exciting!
- last but not least, junebug weddings launched their AMAZING list of socal vendors last week! you must head on over to take a peek at the smashing folks they rounded up for their list of the industry’s best. i am so honored to be a part of their list of 10 wedding consultants, among respected industry peers and very dear friends. 🙂 thank you, junebug! i know your list will be a great resource for soCal brides! ❤
hope you all have a lovely, productive, joy-filled week! xoxo, angel