i am covered in grace and blessed beyond measure. how powerful is that?? and how true it is in my life… i truly strive to acknowledge my blessings every single day and live a life of gratitude. how often do we take people, experiences, conveniences, luxuries, and time for granted?? far too often. i want to do my best in being thankful at all times. i want to appreciate what i have and honor the use of what i’ve been given.
Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father.
-Colossians 3:17 (NASB)
may i always give thanks to my God, my Savior, my Lord… with my life, my actions, and my mouth!
here are some things that are on my endless ‘gratitude list’ for 2009:
- i am married to my godly, upright, tender-hearted, brilliant, silly & romantic best friend, erik.
- i have the best younger sister (anna banana!) anyone could hope for. she is sassy, smart, and so.much. fun. i love her sooo much and am delighted to have her working with me.
beautiful photos courtesy of our beloved friend, jasmine star
- i am surrounded by amazing friends, including my BFF kristin (of the treasured petal) who is a kindred soul and encourager of my spirit.
‘toasting’ at a favorite wedding earlier this year 🙂
- i have awesome clients who entrust me with one of the biggest events of their lives, and spur me on to continually grow & excel in this industry. i have clients i can laugh with (so hard i cry!), cry with (definitely true this year), and dream with (pushing the limits of our vision and inspiration). they write me humbling emails, send me macarons and feathery hair pieces, and make me feel loved every, single, day. i have had opportunities to plan weddings all over california while simultaneously indulging in my passions and utilizing my unique strengths. i get to work with the coolest vendors ever and have made deep, lasting friendships with some incredible people i would have never met if it wasn’t for this job.
- 2010 is going to be the most amazing year yet for love and splendor. period! (related hint: i am thankful for an up-to-date passport!) wait till you see what we have in store…..
- my daddy is alive and well, even with another health scare (a tumor) last month. cancer free — praise the Lord!!
- my mommy is married (for over a year now!) to an amazing man who is a beautiful complement to her. could not dream up a better match for her…
- i have the best in-laws EVER. and fabulous sisters-in-law, and brother-in-law, and nephews, and cousins, and aunts/uncles, etc! the icing on the cake? they all live here in soCal.
- i have a church family that is a source of fellowship, accountability, and spiritual nourishment. i am stretched & challenged each and every week by the sermons from our pastor, as well as messages delivered by the extra good-looking college pastor. (who happens to to also be my husband, LOL)
i’d love to know what tops your gratitude list this year! and of course… thank YOU, dear reader, for continuing to visit me here, share in my joys and motivate me with your feedback. i’m ever-grateful for all of you and look forward to sharing more of my love & life with you here.
xoxo, the luckiest most blessed girl in the universe, angel