Working with Samantha & Ian on their Beverly Hills wedding was an absolute delight from start to finish. I remember the first time I met Samantha and her sweet mother on-site at Greystone Mansion. I knew right away that we were kindred spirits as we discussed the vision she had for her day. Samantha was hoping for a more classically elegant and romantic wedding design that integrated soft neutral colors (including chocolate brown and warm ivory) along with accents of sage and lavender. As the wedding plans unfolded, more organic, natural and slightly vintage elements were added to create a simple yet luxurious “estate” look to the event. Greystone Mansion, one of my favorite venues in southern California, provided the perfect backdrop for this enchanting wedding.
Beyond the beauty of the day, I have to say what made this planning experience so lovely for me was the couple. Samantha & Ian reminded me of how very fortunate I am to have the most kind, gracious, sweet, stylish and deliriously-in-love clients EVER. You will see their effervescent JOY in every frame below. Going through these images made my heart swell, and for that I have to thank my dear friends and fabulous industry peers, Cat & Adi of Next Exit Photography. They always do a phenomenal job capturing those special moments throughout the day, as well as all of your well-conceived details. I clearly couldn’t settle for a handful of snaps, so enjoy this eye candy overload. 🙂 For even more, check out the post on their blog.
makeup by one of my favorite people ever… the ultra talented shauna funk. (contact: email@example.com)
fun fact: erik (my husband) can read & write hebrew.
the picture perfect pair!! how gorgeous are they together??
isn’t samantha the sweetest bride?? i could not get over how radiant & stunning she was (and is!!) that day.
ian, the dapper groom, was impeccably dressed in custom suiting by hugo boss.
one of my favorite ceremony shots… ever!! i love the uninhibited laughter here!
add samantha’s light & airy gown to my list of “dresses worn by my clients that i would have gladly worn for my own wedding.” the gown is by romona keveza.
this should be greystone’s new promo shot. perfect.
some sweet details included creative use of wine crates, lavender buds, and handwritten notes and signage. 🙂
i am so in love with this photo.
grand entrance! you can see ian just smitten by his beautiful bride as they make their way to the dance floor…
two more of my favorite reception photos ever! i can’t NOT smile when i see these images. how purely joyful do they look while listening to the toasts?
the end of a perfect evening…
Samantha & Ian: It was such a pleasure working with both of you on your wedding!! Seeing the two of you so utterly blissful at your own wedding was the ultimate reward. I know so much hard work and planning went into every single detail of the day and I saw how your guests treasured the environment you created for them. Thank you for allowing me to assist you along the way, share in your excitement and witness something truly special. At the end of it all I honestly felt like part of the family!! 😉 And Samantha — your sweet post-honeymoon thank you email is still saved in my inbox! ❤ I look forward to keeping in touch for years and years to come. xoxo to you two!!!
The brilliant vendors who made this day a smashing success:
- Wedding planning & coordination: Events of Love and Splendor
- Ceremony & Reception Venue: Gresytone Mansion in Beverly Hills (I LOVE site manager Barbara and fabulous ranger Daniel!)
- Photography: Next Exit Photography (You will fall in love with Cat & Adi as much as you’ll be smitten with their work!)
- Catering: The Kitchen for Exploring Foods (Many thanks to Julian, my favorite event captain @ the Kitchen!)
- Rentals: Town & Country Event Rentals (Always fabulous.)
- Florist: Brad Austin in Los Angeles, CA (My first time working with him was a pleasure!)
- DJ: Ian of Red Shoe LA (Ian is a huuuuge Love & Splendor favorite. We adore him and he knows it!)
- Classical guitarist: Anthony Ybarra (Tony is a one-of-a-kind talent and I love seeing him at my events!)
- Cake: Porto’s Bakery (Hands-down winner for a scrumptious and affordable confection!)
- Hair: Jerric at Warren Tricomi
- Makeup: Shauna Funk (firstname.lastname@example.org) — Let her know Angel sent you 🙂
Hope you all are having a wonderful week so far! I am busy busy with Christmas around the corner, and lots of incredible weddings in the works for 2010. Wait until you see how we will kick off our season in January with Kristin of The Treasured Petal and Trista Lerit. 😉 I still have sooo many 2009 weddings left to blog as well, so stay tuned. I am truly thankful for each of you and your continued readership. It is my joy to share my work with you!!