Happy Thursday!! 🙂 I’m back with more pure + emotive photography from Richard and Shue-Ping’s seaside wedding last month! (I’m sorry for not getting this up yesterday! Ever have one of those days where you fall asleep at 10 p.m. on the couch and wake up at 1 a.m. and wonder what happened (??) and then fall asleep for another 7 hours?? Neither have I. :))
In the week leading up to this beautiful wedding, the warm soCal temps started to fall and whispers of rain crept into the forecast. At rehearsal, some family members mentioned that they were nervous about what might happen if rain decided to show up over the planned-outdoor ceremony. We did have a backup plan in place, but I was fairly confident that we were going to be able to have the ceremony outside. While we did see some sprinkles on the big day, not a drop fell from the sky for the hour before + hour after the ceremony, allowing Richard and Shue-Ping to be wed on the gorgeous oceanview lawn at the Bel Air Bay Club, as planned. 🙂 My girls and I were ready with 60+ red umbrellas (red represents good luck in the Chinese culture) just in case there was a surprise shower! I’m sort of bummed we didn’t get to bust them out.. LOL. Preparation is the key to success on a wedding day, and I can honestly say I wasn’t worried or stressed *once* that day because we were ready for anything. That’s the way it should be!!
Yesterday I left off right after the ceremony~ Here is how the rest of the evening unfolded, through the lens of the one and only Jory Cordy…
this one just stirs my heart…
R-Sizzle + Shue-diddly-Pingtastic: Words can’t express how much I adore the two of you. Working with you this year has been a complete JOY. Every single interaction with you has been so fun and natural — we were definitely the perfect fit. Being an eyewitness to your adoration of one another was a true gift; thank you for inspiring me! Thank you for cracking me up with the personal way you’d address and sign every email to me. (I stole the ones for this little note straight from emails you sent me… LOL) 🙂 Thank you for inviting me into your lives and treating me like family. Lots and lots and lots of love for you both — cannot wait to get together when you return from your AMAZING honeymoon!! xoxo love, angelcakes
And now, for another gratitude to the brilliant vendors who made the day possible… I’m going to add a bit about each vendor mentioned below! 🙂
- Ceremony & Reception Venue: Bel Air Bay Club – Pacific Palisades, CA // We worked with Lisa and could not have had a better experience. So thankful for her attention to detail and willingness to go above and beyond to make the day amazing. Big high fives to my buddy Joey (our captain that day) who was incredible in every way.
- Wedding Planning & Coordination: Events of Love and Splendor // I had both Anna + Michelle with me that day and as always, they were amazing. Love you girls!! ❤
- Photography: Jory Cordy // Working with Jory is a blast. Period. He is an incredible artist and I love referring him to clients because I am confident in the type of images they will receive — the kind you fall in love with.
- Videography: Cana Video Productions // Ben and Drew are new favorites. I LOVE them, their work, their vibe. Love it all. I know I’m a broken record about THIS VIDEO but seriously, it still gives me goosebumps when I watch it.
- Floral & Lighting Design: R. Jack Balthazar // Rene & Niki are beyond wonderful to work with. I loooove just being in their atmosphere, soaking up the creative brilliance! We just work well together ~ I love our synergy. They actually gave my name to Richard & Shue-Ping, which is a huge compliment and it turned out to be an amazing fit. Their commitment to perfection and stringent attention to detail is apparent in everything they touch.
- Linens: La Tavola // They had the perfect linens for this wedding! We did half of the room in bronzey raw silk and half in crinkled antique gold. Beautiful.
- DJ: Ian of Red Shoe LA // Ian is my pocket DJ. I can’t even tell you how many times we’ve worked together, but I can tell you that I’ve never had a client not L-O-V-E love him. He is fabulous at what he does, and also just a cool cat to have around. Per usual, he had the dancefloor packkkked.
- Cake: Nancy Kay Confections // Yummy, delicious, beautiful cakes!
- Favors: Paulette Macarons // My readers know I’m Paulette-obsessed. I still think their delicate macarons are second to none. I sourced the perfect hand-dyed silk ribbon for the favor boxes, and Paulette took care of the rest. 🙂
That’s all for now, everyone!! I hope you all have a lovely day ~ See you again soon! xoxo, Angel