Hello everyone! I am so excited that this weekend will officially kick off the 2011 Love and Splendor wedding season! 🙂 It is my 6th (!) full year of planning + designing weddings for the loveliest couples on earth, and I am eagerly anticipating all the fabulous events on our roster this year. Our 1st wedding of the year is at a favorite seaside resort of mine and we have many of my favorite vendors on board, including DJ Ian of Red Shoe LA and Melody of Sweet and Saucy Shop.
This week has been an eventful one, and I can’t believe tomorrow will be Friday! Here are some glimpses at what we’ve been up to for the past 7 days…
- Inspiring site visit at Saddlerock Ranch! It was a glorious day and as you can see, I made a few new friends. 🙂
- Froyo run with Michie after a Love and Splendor work session on Sunday afternoon! We went to Menchie’s instead of our beloved Pinkberry but no worries — we know where our loyalties lie.
- Me, Michie and Anna assembled 200 (!!!) of the most intricate, over-the-top save-the-dates EVER. Seriously, I cannot wait to share these with you! They all went in the mail today so once guests receive them, I will be giving you a glimpse. They are for my New Mexico wedding this fall.
sneak peek of the artwork done by my in-house graphic designer, kristin. more on her soon!! 😉
- I was called to jury duty, and subsequently selected for a trial! I am still serving so I can’t share any details other than that, but I will say I don’t really mind it. 😉 It isn’t my first trial and I actually enjoy being a part of the process. I just wish the courtrooms weren’t so dank and depressing!
- Tonight I passed on the corned beef and cabbage, but still kept dinner green with a spinach pesto + shrimp spaghetti. Yum yum!
I want to leave you all with a little encouragement to check out the wonderful work the ladies at Utterly Engaged and Ever Ours are doing to collect money for disaster relief in Japan. In partnership with Shelterbox, they have raised over $23,000 (so far!) to provide survivors of the earthquake + tsunami with lifesaving supplies. Please check out FOR JAPAN WITH LOVE for more information on how to donate, and join me and many others in an online “day of silence” tomorrow (no blogging or other forms of social media). xo
Enjoy your weekend and don’t take for granted all the blessings in your life today <3. See you all next week!